Thursday, April 14, 2016

In work, Jack Returns 18x24" acrylic on panel. When I was a boy, I would always crying whenever I heard the Puff the Magic Dragon song. Hell, it still makes me cry when I hear it! The idea that poor Puff would be left alone without Jackie Paper to play with anymore was just too painful to think about. So in my painting “Jack Returns” I have created an alternate ending to this sad-sad story. Now when I look at this painting and think of Puff with Jack It makes me smile.
www.hcpowell.com
This is going to be one of three New Paintings that will be in the Orlando Art Collectives show "Creative Diversity" in April at CityArts and at my Table in "MegaCons Artist Alley" in May.
‪#‎NewOriginal‬ ‪#‎newcontemporary‬ ‪#‎originalart‬ ‪#‎fanart‬ ‪#‎illustrations‬‪#‎fantasyart‬ ‪#‎halloweenart‬ ‪#‎graphicart‬

No comments:

Post a Comment